So Big!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 29, 2008

Welcome home Zelda!


I was working on the West side of town a few months ago and came across this scraggly unkempt little animal. Upon further inspection I found a tiny little dog who wanted me to hold her. I picked her up and could barely see her face her hair was so long and matted. She was dirty and didn't have a collar. I had to take her home, but had no idea what to do with her. I immediately called the vet, Dr. B, and he told me to bring her right in. They examined her and, while really under-weight, was overall healthy. They gave her some vaccines and I swept her off to the groomer. They had to shave her, her hair was so bad, but when I picked her up I could see what she actually looked like. We determined that she was a Shi-Tzu and really underweight. I knew exactly what to do with her since I knew Alex would say no to another dog. I called my friend Sarah and told her all about her and that I was bringing her to her work so she could meet her. Reluctantly, Sarah decided to take her home and see how it went. I knew it! She loved her and decided to keep her. She has been with Sarah for the last few months and you can tell she is a very happy and healthy dog. Zelda has gained weight and you can actually see her face. I see her all of the time and she is adorable. her mommy takes wonderful care of her and they have become great friends. Here she is already for Halloween.

No comments: